Fire Closes Down Leamington Wendy’s RestaurantLeave a Comment
Fire has caused an estimated $200,000 to the Leamington Wendy’s Restaurant in Southern Ontario. Fire crews were called to the fast food restaurant on Oak Street just after 9am on November 18, 2015. A team of 18 firefighters were able to bring the fire under control quickly. Officials say it started with the cooking equipment in the kitchen.
Have you had your kitchen equipment and exhaust system inspected recently? Regular inspections and cleaning can greatly reduce the possibility of grease fires. Be sure your inspector is a certified Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning inspector like those at Pressure-Kleen Services Company. Also ensure that your kitchen exhaust cleaning company provides detailed reports of their inspections. Pre-cleaning and post-cleaning photos should be available for your review.
It is imperative that any identified deficiencies are corrected before they affect the safety of your employees. Luckily, there were no reported injuries associated with the Wendy’s fire in Leamington.
Cleaning must go beyond what you can see. It must delve into the depths of the ductwork. An inspection between the exhaust fan on the building exterior and the hoods in the kitchen allows us to advise on the required frequency for a cleaning program.
There needs to be sufficient access to the ductwork. Fire rated access doors should be installed at each turn in the system. This will allow your inspector to conduct a proper inspection and determine the extent of cleaning required. The goal of cleaning is to restore the ductwork to bare metal by removing all grease build-up. Access door installation may be required to allow cleaning to bare metal.
We are authorized dealers for FlameGard access doors and hood filters. Call us for more information on our products or services.
DISCLAIMER: Pressure-Kleen Services Company Inc. has never serviced this Wendy’s location